Wednesday 18 December 2013

Digipak Reflection



I decided to use the same theme in my poster for this digipak. Therefore the front cover is the same as one slide in the digipak. We then joined all our ideas from the digipaks together to create a final one which was meant to be our ultimate digipak. In my digipak I focused on creating a digipak that holds its theme throughout and is that each slide relates to one another. Therefore I used the party scene in each slide as it shows our artist colors and makes the audience think of having a good time and partying. This is conventional to the dance genre as artists always try to entertain the audience by using upbeat music and fun scenes. As the image was taken from my music video I displayed low-key lighting which contrasted with bright lights such as pink, green and blue which represent strobe lighting, linking to the party. My front cover consists of this party scene, with the title of our group in bold and both the artists either side of the image. This has worked successfully as the colors are all quite subtle and I have created a good blend between each theme. I used this font for the title page as it stand out due to its size but is also see through so the background is clear. I have used images of me and George which relate to our concept as George is smartly dressed in a suit and I look scruffy in a shirt. This is breaking conventions of a dance music video as usually artists only focus on the performance value to entertain the audience. However, this makes my digipak and video unique from the other artists in this genre. The next slides are of our artist messages, which show thanks to various people. I chose to use separate images of the two characters as they relate to our concept once again. This is because the concept is represented by the two characters and their different behavior and lifestyles and although they are friends, I saw it fitting to separate them to highlight this concept. I used green writing in both slides as this is one of the artists theme colors and it represents the lighting we used for the party scene, making it unique to other artists in the dance genre and therefore challenging these conventions. I decided to use this font as it is easy to read and fun which relates to the music and the genre as dance tries to entertain the audience. For the next slide, of the back cover I decided to just use the party scene with the song list on. I saw this as simple but effective as it clearly states the songs and relates to the rest of the digipak as it shows the party scene. Also the main focus is on the party scene here as it is plain. This will make the audience feel like it is a fun dance video as it relates to the genre. However, i think that I should have used a bolder font for the writing as it is not completely clear against the strobe lighting behind. For the CD slide, I decided to blend in the title to the crowd by making it dark. This creates a cool vibe as relates to the dance genre as darkness is a theme of the party scene. I decided to use a different shot of the party scene here though and I added a pink filter as it is more unique to the other slides. For my final slide I decided to use the same image as the front cover. This is so that when the audience picks up the CD then they will see the a consistent image on either slide which will have more of an impact as it is so poignant. Also these images are of the artists looking serious and this will be seen as cool to my target audience who are also young. 









1 comment:

  1. This post demonstrates some understanding of the choices and decisions that you made to your digipak. You have considered the colours, images and dance conventions, to explain the choices and decisions that you made. However, further points are needed on the photoshop skills, techniques and tools that you used, to extend your analysis further.

    ReplyDelete